- Email the Business Crime Reduction Partnership
- Call the Business Crime Reduction Partnership manager on 01273 733393
- In an emergency always call the police on 999
- Call the police on 101 if it is not urgent
Frequently Asked Questions
The Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP) is a partnership-based approach to preventing crime and disorder. The partnership, at its simplest, is an intelligence gathering and information sharing system that enables the effective prevention of crime and disorder.
It is a not for profit crime reduction partnership which has already helped hundreds of businesses in Brighton & Hove to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour. Through the BCRP, businesses have been able to work more effectively with police and the local authority to create a safe and stable business environment.
Crime and fear of crime have a significant negative impact on the profitability of businesses. We can help you to reduce shoplifting, alcohol related disorder, street drinking, begging, youth disorder and graffiti.
The partnership is a non-profit making group. Membership of the scheme including a radio costs £8.00 per week plus VAT. All funds are used for administration of the various schemes or projects, radios and Home Office Radio Licences.
Communications are central to maintaining a safer business community - in addition to the BCRP website packed full of information and intelligence on offenders - all members of the BCRP are linked via the SafetyNet radio system to the police and police CCTV. A FREE radio handset is supplied as part of BCRP membership.
Some of the successes of this SafetyNet radio communication system are:
- Professional travelling teams of shoplifters arrested
- Reductions in stock-losses due to early alert
- Anti-social behaviour reduced in or near licensed premises
Other benefits to being a member of the Business Crime Reduction Partnership are:
- Representation in court for ASBO applications banning offenders from the city
- Quarterly business crime reduction meetings
- Free licensing advice to all BCRP members
- Free crime reduction training in partnership with Sussex Police and the council
- Tax benefit – BCRP membership fees – if wholly and exclusively for business purposes
- Unique data sharing agreement between BCRP members and Sussex Police