Drugs and Alcohol


These pages give you information on where to get help if you, or someone you know, has a problem with drugs or alcohol.

We provide advice, information and support and if required, referral to local drug and alcohol services. Even if you don’t want to give up completely, we can still help.

Remember, in an emergency always call 999.


  • How to get help


    • Drugs and alcohol

      Adults - Pavilions

      Phone: 0800 014 9819

      Drop in to:
      Richmond House, Richmond Road, Brighton, BN2 3RL
      10am-5pm Mon-Fri (open until 7pm on Thurs)
      10am-1pm Sat

      01273 731900


      9 The Drive, Hove, BN3 3JE

      10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm Mon, Wed & Fri

      01273 680 714



    Under 18s

    If it’s about a crime

    • Call 999 in an emergency
    • Call 101 if you want to report something that is not urgent

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I've found a needle...what should I do?

    If you have found a needle or other drug waste, you should contact CityClean on 01273 292929 (mini-com number: 01273 294732). You should never attempt to move needles yourself as this could put you at risk. If you ring CityClean with a detailed location, they will come and safely remove it.

    Related subjects: 
  • I want to report a crime

    If you have seen a crime taking place, your information can be really helpful. If it is urgent, you should always call 999 immediately. If you want to report non-urgent matters to the police, such as criminal damage, call 101. If you would like to contact your local police officer, find their details on the Sussex Police website.

    If you want to report anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They won’t ask for your name or any other details that could identify you. There might even be a reward if the information you give leads to an arrest and charge of a suspect. You can also report securely through an online form: Contact Crimestoppers Online

    Related subjects: 
  • What is Pavilions?

    Pavilions works with people to enable them to make the positive changes necessary to lead independent and purposeful lives and create safer, healthier communities.

    Related subjects: 
  • What can Pavilions offer me?

    Pavilions offers free and confidential information and advice to adults aged 18 and over affected by substance misuse, and access into structured treatment. Pavilions provides

    • a confidential needle exchange service
    • medically assisted recovery
    • hepatitis screening and vaccinations
    • Access to Drug & Alcohol Workers, Substance Misuse Service (SMS), Community Alcohol Team (CAT) and counselling services

    Pavilions will assess your needs and direct you to the best support for your circumstances, working in partnership with local organisations. For example Brighton Housing Trust's detox support and recovery services or Pavilions own alcohol brief intervention service.  If you are in structured treatment Pavilions will give you a dedicated 'care coordinator' who will support you throughout the treatment process, including aftercare support.

    Related subjects: 
  • I am under 18, where do I get help?

    ru-ok? is the young persons' substance misuse service for Brighton & Hove. They provide free, confidential help and advice to young people and their families.

    ru-ok can help if drugs, alcohol or legal highs are:

    • Making you do things you regret
    • Having a bad impact on your home or family life or your personal relationships
    • Getting you into trouble at school / college / work
    • Getting you involved in crime or in trouble with the police
    • Putting your housing at risk
    • Making you feel like you can’t cope without getting drunk / high

    You can contact them on 01273 293966 or visit www.ruokservice.co.uk

    Related subjects: 
  • What can I do if someone else has a problem with drugs or alcohol?

    If a family member or friend has a problem with drugs or alcohol, there is a local service which provides support and advice and which is working to reduce the stigma felt by family and friends of substance misusers. You can call the PATCHED helpline free on 0800 085 4450 (10am-10pm every day, with an out-of-hours message service). They offer a range of services, such as one-to-one counselling, support groups and training which they can give you more details about on the phone. If you act as a carer to a substance misuser, they could also help ensure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to, such as the Carer’s Allowance or even respite.

    Related subjects: